PhDefense

After 3 years of my research regarding the topic of truck-bicycle safety, the day of my PhD defense was set on 2.2.2018. I have to admit, that despite the thesis had been successfully approved and I was training a lot on my both public lectures, I was becoming more and more nervous, the closer that day was. Here are few pics from Friday-Monday.

The entrance to our department. Wow, it is really happening...
I had two lectures - the morning one was on the topic of pedestrian-cyclists coexistence (I liked that one), the afternoon one was about my PhD topic (already little tired of that topic:). The audiance was in good mood in the start, and me as well...
The discussion after the afternoon lecture took almost two hours and I was getting exhausted. But it was difficult for the spectators as well...imagine to listen to me for 4 hours in total...
My dear collegue and friend Ray decided to ask me the last question of the day and I was not able to answer! Uaaaa, that was not great ending:)
Eirin (chairwoman of comittee), Anne (second opponent), Kelly (my cool supervisor), me (looking horrible:) and Aliaksei (first opponent)

I was really glad that my father and brother came to support me

The beer celebration party at our department under the supervision of my father and Liliya. Waimea and Nelson APA had success.
Even Jonas and Tore showed up, great to see them!
Freezing tour de Trondheim on Saturday
and the test of my PhD drill gift in Bymarka
was pretty good, as I got my two biggest winter trout (almost a kilo each)

so, thanks a lot to everybody, particularly to Belma, and good luck to the rest of my PhD collegues!

No comments: