Ice fishing season 2020/2021

Another season of my favorite fishing style is over. It was probably my most intensive and variable  season so far. It started on Store Åbortjern in December with a trout and ended in April on Store Skillingen with my biggest perch so far (850g). I was mostly exploring Nordmarka and also made a few longer trips to fish for arctic char (Savalen 2x, Femundsmarka, Tunhovd, Flatningen). I drilled many many holes, experienced some really cold conditions and enjoyed it a lot (despite some frustrating moments). And it has been great to find a good companion in Tobias. 

In Nordmarka I tried my luck in following lakes: Store Åbortjern, Lille Åklungen, Store Åklunger, Kalvsjøen, Rottungen, Langvann, Elvannet, Nedre Øyvann, Nordvannet, Søndre Måsjøen, Harestuvatnet, Store Skillingen and Vesle Daltjuven. I was getting mostly perch - particularly Rottungen and Store Skillingen were delivering very good catches. Both mormyska and balansepilk worked well. Belma was not very happy with perch, as she prefers trout and arctic char. But I was not lucky with trout - got just 3 fish during the whole winter. And I was not so lucky with my favorite fish - arctic char, as well. Being three days in Femundsmarka and getting zero fish was disappointing. At least Tobias got several nice fish there. It was only Savalen, where I got a few røya and one of them was my biggest so far (>1kg). And for the first time, I got a pike on the ice (Store Skillingen). It was nice experience, as it was not so small (70cm) and it tasted well.


Next season I would like to try a trout on Mjøsa, get nice artic char in Femundsmarka and discover some larger lakes in Nordmarka and Østmarka. And now, it is time to get some trout near Oslo and travel to Orkla in June with Tobias, meet Karl Heinz and Ray and try salmon. Skitt fiske!

3 comments:

Lo said...

kdy půjdeme spolu na ryby?

Pøk said...

s kym?

Tuna Smith said...

In my experience, the best weather for fishing is typically when it's overcast and slightly cool. This helps to reduce glare on the water and makes the fish more active."