Femundsmarka weekend

Finally, my late-winter weekend in Femundsmarka. I was speculating a lot where to go to ice-fishing for artic char, and at the end I decided to visit the lake we were ice-fishing with Tobias in December 2020. This time, I was sleeping in the tent in Båtstø camp next to the Femund lake. Minus 15 in the night, plus degrees during the day. Great to have the possibility for hot shower after a long day on the ice. 
The view from my tent over Femund lake. 
I like early starts. Waking up 4:50, drilling first hole on Volsjøen at 6:50. I was the first one on the ice and I expected a busy day, as Båtstø camp had a special ice-fishing offer that weekend (cabin + scooter transport + lunch for nice price).  
It was nice to have some views, as in December 2020 we did not see much around. 
And 11 hours later, I was one of the last ones on the ice. 
This is the reason why people come here to fish. A possibility to catch a big beautiful røya. This one is not mine, another fisherman, who was sitting next to me, got it around lunch time. For sure over 1kg of beauty. 
I was not so lucky/skilled, but at the end I got at least one nice fish (around 400-500g). I must say, that compared for example with Savalen, it seems much more difficult to get a fish at Volsjøen. Last year we got only 2 char in two days in two people (the story is here), this year 1 fish in one day by myself.  And most of the others did not get anything. But the lake is beautiful, the weather was amazing and there are big fish swimming:) 

No comments: