Ice fishing season 2022/2023

It is almost May. Despite late spring time it would be still possible to do some ice-fishing, even here around Oslo, however I have already finished the season. It was long and good and I have already some plans for the next winter. In total I visited 14 lakes, mostly in Nordmarka and Femundsmarka. 

  • Nordmarka: Øvre Øyvann; Langvann; Rottungen (> 5 times); Rypetjern; Fagervann; Store Skillingen; Fjellsjøen (2x); Trehorningen
  • Femundsmarka: Volsjøen (3x); Kjerrtjønna; Djupsjøen; Hammarsjøen; Rørsjøen
  • Other: Kjemsjøen near Alvdal

Most days I spent on Rottungen, a beautiful lake just 30 minutes by bike from home, with a lot of nice perch and a decent chance to get nice trout as well. I got many perch there (on mormyska) and several trout > 0.5kg. 

Trout and perch from Rottungen

The biggest fish I got was this fantastic 2,2 kg (60 cm) trout that I got on Fjellsjøen. That was really big surprise for me. 

2,2 kg trout from Fjellsjøen

I was not lucky with artic char at all - I got just one nice one on Volsjøen. Next year I must explore other areas in Femundsmarka... However, both visits of Femundsmarka were fantastic and especially the trip with Louka was just amazing. 

And a few pics from around Oslo:


cycling to Rypetjern

Fjellsjøen




No comments: